The keywords you use can have a huge impact on the results of your search.
Every word counts! Avoid searching sentences or entire questions. (For example, try searching "who," "the who," and "a who" in Google and compare the results.)
You can identify keywords by scanning:
- Your research questions
- Articles found from background research
- Bibliographies found at the end of books and articles
If you are still struggling:
- Use a thesaurus to identify synonyms.
- Find pictures related to your topic, then describe them.
- Brainstorm keywords with a librarian, your instructor, or a friend.