To ensure all students are effective and ethical users and creators of information in a changing world.
The South Portland Library Department strives to provide students and faculty with the following:
- A personalized learning environment for academic and personal research and growth;
- A judgement-free space which promotes the exchange of various ideas and opinions with others;
- Instruction in effective and ethical use and creation of information;
- Inspiration to create, explore, collaborate, challenge, and enrich their learning through literacy and hands-on learning;
- Equitable access to a well-rounded collection of resources that meets the needs of diverse learners.