Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Participants will understand the pedagogical rationale for inquiry-based research projects.
Participants will connect rigor levels and 21st Century Skills to inquiry-based research projects.
Participants will develop differentiated instructional strategies for implementing inquiry-based projects in the classroom.
Participants will learn about the metacognition involved in the research process.
Participants will understand how the library media specialist can be a valuable teaching partner for these inquiry-based projects.
Participants will learn about technologies that can assist in implementing these projects.
- Participants will learn about sources of information for student research
Online Posting Schedule
- Read one chapter of the text.
- On Google+: Share two quotes that are interesting to you and discuss. Also, respond to other’s posts. All posts are due Sunday by midnight.
- Online Resource or Technology Tool Deep-Dive: Choose a resource or technology tool that you would like to know more about and use with a class. Evaluate its usefulness.
- Try one of the strategies discussed and share your experience.
Schedule and Topics of Inquiry
(Subject to change)
- 8/29: How do the 21st Century Skills and the Research Process relate to each other?
- 9/13: What is the research process and how do you manage it?
- 9/27: What are some research projects happening in the district that incorporate inquiry?
- 10/3: How can technology be used to make inquiry-based research more accessible to students?
- 10/17: How can we find the right resources to support inquiry? [Finding the Right Resources: Library Resources, Web Search Strategies, Online Databases, Evaluating Sources]
- 11/7: How can we design projects that fulfill district curriculum requirements and incorporate the inquiry-based approach?
- 12/5: What did you come up with?
30 pts: Class attendance & participation (5pts per class)
40 pts: Online reading response & discussion (5pts per post)
30 pts: Plan an inquiry-based research project with your Library Information Integrator and share your plans with the class.