Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Adults spend over 10 hours consuming electronic media (internet, TV and movies, radio) a day (AdWeek).
- Teens use media (including electronic media, print, and music) nine hours a day (CNN).
- On average, Americans watch five hours of live TV a day (New York Times).
- According to Netflix, most people can finish a season of a TV show in about five days, spending two hours a day watching (New York Times).
- Social media accounts for about one-fifth (20%) of people's time online (The Media Briefing).
- Facebook leads social media for both audience size and engagement (The Media Briefing).
- Almost three-quarters (74%) of Americans listen to music online in an average week (RAIN News).
- Just over 90% of Americans 12 and over listen to traditional AM/FM radio in an average week (Pew Research).
Electronic Media per Week